(Remember to hover over a box if it has text that is hard for you to read.)
Sunday School for Adults – Pick any class
- WRPC Meeting Room Class – First Floor Meeting Room. The Present Word. Teachers: Jack Lowe, Jo Morrison, Betsy Preston, Doris Carson. Lecture/discussion format.
- Upper Room Class – Room 204. Alternating between studies of Psalms and the Gospel of John. Teachers: Peter Lodal, Tim Nolen.
- Apprenticeship Class – Room 203. The Me I Want to Be, by John Ortberg. Leaders: Howard Carman, Ashley Marlow, Dave Petke, Sharon Petke.
- Women’s Bible Study – Room 205. Beth Moore’s The Patriarchs
- 20/30 Something’s Class @ Panera Bread – The Good and Beautiful God, by James Bryan Smith. Leader: Shelley Porter.
Informal Small Groups
Whether it is our weekly WOW service, special Bible studies, Feasts of Fellowship, our prayerful Shepherds group, or our Waverly Wanderers out on the latest day trip, there are lots of ways to join in, meet people, and help others.
Meet on Tuesdays at 11:00am in the Meeting Room to pray for our church, our fellowship, our nation, and our world. Please join us as we tap into this amazing resource.
Waverly on Wednesday (WOW)
(During school year only.)
Dinner – 5:30 – 6:15pm for all ages. Donations towards the cost of the meal are accepted.
Programs – 6:15-7:15pm
Infants, toddlers and preschool – Nursery
Elementary students – Music activity
Youth and Adults
- What is a Disciple? led by Rev. Collin Adams
- The Day the Revolution Began led by Rev. Josh Russell
- Grace Group Drama Team led by Suzanne Huron
Circle of the Word
- Circle of the Word–11:00 a.m., 2nd Monday of the month at church (during school year)
- Operation Christmas Child – We provide the shoeboxes, you fill them with child-friendly gear. Return to the church by November 20.
- All the details you need can be found at
Feasts of Fellowship
February, March and April – anyone from our fellowship is invited to sign up to eat dinner with a different group of 6-8 people each of those three months. Each group schedules a time that is convenient for them. It’s a special way to get to know each other.
In the Fall of each year, we enjoy a weekend together in the mountains. We study, share, fellowship, play games, have s’mores, and do crafts. It’s intergenerational, it’s transformative, and it’s fun!
There is no regular schedule for this activity. Whenever someone is interested and able to lead the group, they make the offer available. Past trips have been to Barter Theatre, a river cruise in Knoxville, seeing the Churches of the Frescoes in North Carolina. This group makes the most of day trips!
Grace Drama Group team
The Grace Drama Group Team is led by Suzanne Huron and meets on Wednesdays after the WOW Meal. If you are interested in acting, set design, or other aspects of drama, this is the class for you!