Plan Your Visit
(remember to hover over a section if you find it hard to read)
VISITOR PARKING AT THE CURB
Waverly Road Presbyterian Church
Where do I park and enter the building for worship? We’ve reserved on-street parking directly in front of the church for you.
From there, go into the main entrance (the doors directly beneath the steeple).
The sanctuary is on the right after you pass through the foyer. We call the foyer a narthex.
Doors to Sunday School classes are on the left.
- Sunday School 9:45 a.m.-10:45 a.m.
- Worship 11:00-12:00 noon (rarely lasts more than an hour)
- Wednesday meal 5:30 p.m. (during school year)
- Wednesday program (called WOW) 6:15 p.m. (during school year)
- Office Hours: M-Th 8:30-4:00, Friday 8:30-3:00
Nah, not really. Anything from
T-shirts to suits, tennis shoes to spike heels.
We’ll tolerate your preferences if you’ll tolerate ours!
What if I don’t know what to do? Your church looks awfully formal.
We love our beautiful church building, but we love people more! We’ve tried to make it easy for visitors to enter and become comfortable with us.
- When you come into the auditorium (you will hear it called a sanctuary) where services are held, an usher will greet you and give you a program (we call it a bulletin) that shows the order of worship for the day.
- Most of the time, if you’re supposed to stand up or sit down, the worship leader will say so (and also, if there’s an asterisk * next to something in the bulletin, that means you may stand if you are able).
- Our services usually include some call-and-response portions. In all of those circumstances, the part said by the worship leader is printed in the program in normal text, and what the people will answer is written in bold type.
- Please don’t feel as if you must participate in singing, responses, or even prayers. All we ask is that you refrain from interrupting others’ worship.
Really, it’s that simple. Please come in, relax, and encounter God with us!
I still feel uneasy about walking into a church service.
OK, we can understand that. People need different things. Here’s how we operate.
- We do not single out our visitors. There is a yellow visitor card in the pew rack that you can use when you want more information about us.
- Remember, you are our guest! Please don’t feel obligated to put money in the offering plate.
- We usually do not have an altar call (when the pastor asks people to walk to the front after the sermon).
- You can meet our pastor out in the narthex after the service.
Is the church handicapped accessible? Yes. We have some designated parking spaces in the lot right next to the church building. There are no steps at the main entrance. We have an elevator inside the church for easy access to the Fellowship Hall downstairs and some Sunday School rooms upstairs. There is a handicap restroom on the main floor.
What about other special needs? We are an inclusive church. We are peanut-free, are open to change to meet other kinds of challenges, and are willing to learn how to minister in more effective ways to meet those challenges.